Using dbus in C w/o glib?

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Sun Oct 2 19:37:06 PDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 11:28:27AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 12:44 +0200, Hagai Kariti wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > Can dbus be used in C without glib? There are a lot of examples in the
> > web of how to use dbus, but all of them use glib.
> >
> > Is it possible not to use it?
> >

> Yes, but you have to do your own glue to whatever custom main loop
> you're using. Or use threads. Either way it's moderately tricky to
> figure out.

If your looking for a working implementation that does this, you may
want to check out Avahi (http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/Avahi) we
have code that integrates dbus with a custom main loop adapter.

You may also want to note our custom dbus_bus_get_private function in
avahi-client, this is needed if you will have more than 1 connection in
the same process (this includes the same process using some other (e.g.
glib) integration)

Trent

> Havoc

Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st>