path name rules

Claudio Takahasi cktakahasi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 04:16:06 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I am developing D-Bus services for BlueZ. We would like define paths names
based on bluetooth device address, eg:
"/org/bluez/Manager/00:0D:88:BE:89:BA/Network".However, according with D-Bus
specification it is NOT possible use the character ":" in the middle of the
path name. Is there a reason for doesn't allow the character ":" in the
middle of the path name?

Specification description:

- The path must begin with an ASCII '/' (integer 47) character, and must
consist of elements separated by slash characters.
- Each element must only contain the ASCII characters "[A-Z][a-z][0-9]_"

Regards,
Claudio
Claudio Takahasi
Nokia's Institute of Technology - INdT