Hyphens (-) in unique names

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 16:33:44 PDT 2005

I still haven't heard from Waldo on a checkin he made that allowed
hyphens in bus names and unique names. Since - is allowed  :- is a valid
unique name now as is :0-4.  Is this acceptable to everyone, in which
case those two test cases will stay removed from the test suite.

Note, that if there is no good reason to have the dash other than
ascetics I'm going to revert the patch since it is inconsistent with
other naming rules.  Waldo, I need to know why you added it.  If it is
for the dbus/dcop stuff you are working on then it is fine and can stay.