Reply half-received ?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 20:12:03 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 21:58 -0500, yrc wrote:

> 	dbus_message_append_args (reply,
> 			DBUS_TYPE_STRING, "Hello World",

I think this is the problem, you need:

const char *v_STRING;

v_STRING = "Hello World";

DBUS_TYPE_STRING, &v_STRING

Don't try to use:

char[] v_STRING = "Hello World"

because in that case v_STRING == &v_STRING because C is a bizarre
language.

> This was the first question; and the second one:
> Why do my server receive two messages when I run it, even without any
> client.... Maybe you will need more code for this.... or does it
> happends each time?

I can't tell from the code you posted, but you could try printing out
the names of the messages and see what they are.

I don't remember exactly what messages are normally sent on connect, but
there may be a standard handshake thing, don't remember.