Properties

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Wed Oct 26 09:03:48 PDT 2005

Hi all,

how can I use the interface org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties? I've tried
it with something like this:

g_value_init (&value, G_TYPE_UINT);
g_value_set_uint (&value, 2);
proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name_owner (connection,
                                                         name,
                                                         path,

DBUS_INTERFACE_PROPERTIES,
                                                         NULL);

if (!dbus_g_proxy_call (proxy, "Set", &error,
                        G_TYPE_STRING, path,
                        G_TYPE_STRING, "property",
                        G_TYPE_VALUE, &value,
                        G_TYPE_INVALID,
                        G_TYPE_INVALID)) {
       g_warning (error->message);
       g_clear_error (&error);
}

But I always get:

Method "Set" with signature "ssv" on interface
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

In the xml introspection data file I have the following for the
property:

<property name="property" type="u" access="readwrite"/>

And I've called dbus_g_object_type_install_info in the class_init method
and dbus_g_connection_register_g_object when I have an instance.

I haven't found any example of properties. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
--
 Carlos Garcia Campos a.k.a. KaL
   elkalmail at yahoo.es