asynchronous error reporting

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 10:29:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

I think you should ask the fundamental question, are your signals/errors
associated with a particular method invocation, or are they "global" and
potentially of interest to someone other than the method caller.

If they are fundamentally a reply to a particular method call, you
should really just do an async reply to that method call.

If they are fundamentally global, then you could just add an "error"
signal that sends out some error that happened.

If you're putting a "method call ID" in a signal I think that's probably
a sign of a completely broken interface design ;-)