org.freedesktop.DBus.ReloadConfig not sending a reply

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 22:54:36 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 18:08 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> Of course this means the bindings get it wrong too :-)  I think bindings
> take no reply to mean I'm not going to send a reply.

That's OK though. The point is that for a given method, whether the
object implementation replies has to depend on whether the method caller
sets the no reply flag. "no reply" is a property of the method call, not
a property of the method. It's a hint saying the caller will not be
blocking to see the reply, so there is no need to send the reply.