Unregistering a bus name

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 17:43:32 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 17:00 +0100, Rob Taylor wrote:
> I notice at the moment there's no way to unregister a bus name in dbus.
> We have a process that sometimes implements a given service and we'd
> like to only have that bus name registered when that service is
> available. Are there any particular obstacles to implementing this
> functionality?

I would have thought we already had it, but I guess it's an oversight.
Should be trivial. It will conflict badly with any attempt to solve
the TODO about RequestName though:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2005-August/003207.html

but that should be OK since nobody is working on that for the moment I
don't think