Multiple-in-One Objects with Python

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Sun Sep 25 22:12:59 PDT 2005

In the old bindings we used to have a concept of Object Trees (one
object handling a all sub objects).  I don't know if this is the best
way to go in the python bindings.  What might be better is to allow the
ability to register a class for all sub objects in an object path and
then have the object instantiated when that object is called.  This
would be a better paradigm if we ever add state to the bus.  Life cycle
would be a problem that would have to be addressed though.  Patches are
welcome as I won't have much time to work on this.