Array-Size

staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Apr 3 08:40:34 PDT 2006

Hi!

Today I tried to pass an array from my server as reply
message to my client. But the problem is, that I can only
transfer arrays with a maximum size of 112844 bytes. Is
there any restriction in the size of an array in a message?

My code looks like this on the server-side:

DBusMessage* msg=dbus_message_new_method_return(message);

DBusMessageIter it;
dbus_message_iter_init_append(msg, &it);

DBusMessageIter sub;
dbus_message_iter_open_container(it, DBUS_TYPE_ARRAY, "y", &sub);
dbus_message_iter_append_fixed_array(&sub, DBUS_TYPE_BYTE, &myarray, myarraysize);
dbus_message_iter_close_container(it, &sub);

dbus_message_set_no_reply(msg, true);
dbus_connection_send(connection, msg, 0);
dbus_message_unref(msg);

return DBUS_HANDLER_RESULT_HANDLED;

btw I am using dbus-0.61

Thanks, Dirk