Array-Size

staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Apr 4 05:29:58 PDT 2006

Hi!

> >Today I tried to pass an array from my server as reply
> >message to my client. But the problem is, that I can only
> >transfer arrays with a maximum size of 112844 bytes. Is
> >there any restriction in the size of an array in a message?
>
> Yes, there is. It's 2^26, so much larger than what you're seeing.
>
> I've just created a simple test-case that sends 256k of data and it works
> just fine.

Sending of a lot of data from the client to the server is
also no problem in my code (I tried >1MB and all worked
fine) -- but to receive data as return-value from a method
does not work correctly (I create the return message via
dbus_message_new_method_return(message) and "message" is the
message from the client to the server to call a method).
It seems, that the possible size of an array varies
dependent on the size of previous messages from the client
to the server.

Do you have a hint to debug the problem? On the client I get
a timeout error after some time...

Regards, Dirk