Code (C++ wrapper) + Re: Array-Size

staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 6 10:25:29 PDT 2006

> > Is it ok to directly use the code from dbus-mainloop and the
> > libdbus-convenience.a? I was wondering, because the
> > functions begin with _dbus and I assumed, that this means
> > the code is only for internal use in dbus...
>
> On Linux, a program using _dbus symbols should not link, at least not
> dynamically. I guess you might be able to link statically.

Ok... and yes, I am using the static version.

> Anyway, no it's not supported... dbus-mainloop is not even very good,
> just a lame hack for dbus-daemon's use.
>
> There won't be higher-level support for this in libdbus. If someone
> wanted to do "plain C" or "plain C++" bindings, they could add a main
> loop in there.

Hm, so it is ok to use the polling and filedescriptor stuff?

It's no problem to use it, but I think this is a little bit
low-level, also for a binding library.

Anyway, then I will try to find the bug in my own loop
(which is derived from the dbus-mainloop) to avoid the use
of libdbus-convenience.a

Thanks, Dirk