Win32 port

Rémi Cardona remi.cardona at free.fr
Tue Apr 11 05:20:34 PDT 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Also, I remember we hadn't reached a consensus in the office on how the
> security model on Win32 should be. Should Windows be considered a
> multi-user system? If isn't, then we might as well have one, well-known
> address for the session bus, just like the system bus (and those can be
> TCP).

Maybe dbus could "borrow" some of its windows security support from
cygwin which has similar problems to get POSIX setuid() and setgid() on
windows. If I read their docs correctly, they use a translation from
UID/GID to windows SID.

Maybe I'm completely offtrack, but it does sound like a similar problem.

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

Cheers,

Rémi Cardona