Information request

Ikke eikke at eikke.com
Wed Apr 12 05:42:26 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:34 +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> You can get the same functionality by using signal-signal or
> signal-call
> (like Matthew said).
Right, that's a possible pattern. It's not very intuitive though IMHO,
but all these details should be hidden from the end-user anyway.
Following my intuition I'd say signals are there for an object to tell
others "Hey, I did something" or "Something changed!", whilst methods
are used by an object to tell another object to do something, or
retrieve some information, whilst using a signal to get a returning call
is somewhat the other way around :-)

Anyway, it should work, so I guess I can start writing some testing
code.

Thanks a lot for the ideas, always great to learn something new ;-)

Regards,

Ikke
http://www.eikke.com