Information request

Ikke eikke at eikke.com
Wed Apr 12 12:07:27 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 12:26 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> At the last Boston GNOME summit there was some talk of making
> introspection required for 1.0.  Have we given up on this?
This would be pretty cool, as in the current design [1] some problems
might come up if the concentrator dies and restarts: it should be able
to find existing usable objects, otherwise the whole thing won't work
well.

> > Instead of making a broadcast method call, you emit a signal. All of the
> > interested parties will catch that signal.
>
> I agree, this is the way to go.
After some IRC discussion, it's been changed a little to minimize
overhead and data duplication. It makes everything much simpler too
(except method calls that return data).

> Joe

Ikke
http://www.eikke.com