Annotations in Java binding

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Tue Apr 18 09:16:13 PDT 2006

Tim Moloney wrote:
>I assumed that I had to rename org.gnome.Rhythmbox.Player since I don't
>have "authority" to create files in that domain.  If I wanted to
>distribute this software, am I "allowed" to create packages in someone
>else's domain.  This is a Java policy/courtesy question, not a technical
>question.  I assume that I may need to change the contents of the
>generated class and if others did the same, there would be incompatible
>packages with the same name.
>
>Sorry for the assumptions, but I am still learning this.

That's not how it works.

Someone defines an interface. That someone must come up with a unique name
for the interface. Generally, we use our DNS domains reversed to
guarantee uniqueness. Other than that, it's unnecessary.

But, when you implement the interface, you must implement the interface
with the correct name.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway