Annotations in Java binding

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Thu Apr 20 02:27:46 PDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Tim Moloney wrote:

> Matthew Johnson wrote:
>> I've updated the Java bindings to both create annotations (and some
>> other stuff) correctly, and to already contain GLib.CSymbol.
>>
>> http://www.matthew.ath.cx/projects/libdbus-java-1.6.tar.gz
>
> CreateInterface in 1.6 works well except that I have to change
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib" to "org.freedesktop.dbus.GLib" or
> "org.freedesktop.dbus.glib" (and rename the directories appropriately) or
> else I get a "collides with type" compile-time error.  That's the good news.

That's because things under org.freedesktop.DBus are supplied with the
Java bindings, however CreateInterface can't know what already exists,
so creates them. The problem with this is that org.freedesktop.DBus is
both an interface, and has a tree underneath it, so everything has to be
done with inner classes, not with packages. Again, CreateInterface can't
know this in the general case. I might special case
org.freedesktop.DBus.

> The bad news is that the JVM crashes when running my application with
> libdbus-java-1.6.  Dropping back to 1.5 works just fine, even with the
> interface classes generated from the 1.6 CreateInterface.  I've attached the
> log file in case that helps.

Hmm, that really shouldn't happen. Can you either send me the output
with DBUS_JAVA_DEBUG=1 or the full source you are trying (or both) so I
can try and debug this? My test suite runs fine.

Thanks
Matt

--
Matthew Johnson