[patch] Remove --enable-maintainer-mode from autogen.sh

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 08:40:52 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 21:30 +1000, Brad Hards wrote:
> When you run autogen.sh, it says:
> I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
> to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
>
> But that isn't true. In fact, it passes --enable-maintainer-mode which turns
> on a range of options, including some with security implications (granted,
> configure tells you that, but it disappears if you ./autogen.sh && make).
>
> I think it should come out.  Please apply this patch.
>
> Brad

Not sure about this one. --enable-maintainer-mode is obviously the
default here though perhaps it should be an implicit
default.  ./configure guarantee you nothing if you don't specify options
other than being fairly consistent with the last time you
ran ./configure.

If others think there is a good reason to take it out then we can do it
but I see no real issue.