Win32 Port of D-Bus

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 11:22:28 PDT 2006

Martin,

This is is refrence to a previous e-mail you sent to the list.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.dbus/4222

We are looking to moving forward with getting the core D-Bus libraries
to 1.0 quality.  One of the issues right now is the question about the
Windows port.  So far the consensus is that it can be put off to a
future (perhaps 1.2) release.  The one thing that is a sticking point is
if the Windows port will require changes in the public API or the ABI in
a way that will effect the Unix API or ABI.  If this is the case we want
to get these changes in before we move to 1.0.  Do you believe there are
any changes needed that should go into D-Bus before the 1.0 release that
will facilitate your Windows port?  What state is the Windows port in
these days?  Thanks.