Adding linker flags in .pc files

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Fri Apr 28 13:08:49 PDT 2006

Matt Hoosier wrote:
>I meant to add here that one workaround would be to insert
>"-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib" into the default linker flags inside dbus-1.pc.
>I'm curious whether anybody counsels this to be a reasonable solution,
>or just masking a bigger problem.

This is not a reasonable solution. /usr/lib is always searched, so it
doesn't have to be added to the linker flags.

You must be seeing this problem only because you're using a
cross-compilation toolchain. In that case, I seriously doubt you want to
use the libraries installed in /usr/lib, because they are probably the
wrong arch.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway