Problems with dbus/qt/examples on FC5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Sat Apr 29 02:21:06 PDT 2006

Brad Hards wrote:
>> It is qt-copy (so I'm fudging the check for 4.1.3), default build on
>> linux with gcc 4.1.0.
>>
>> I'll try a clean build using a new account.
>
>That didn't work either. So I built a new machine (well, a vmware image)
> with a really cut down FC5 install.  I uninstalled dbus before starting
> (and lost kde and gnome - does kdebase-3.5 really need to depend on
> dbus?)

kdebase 3.5 can use DBUS if it's present (the mediamanager).

>I ran dbus-monitor, and it looked OK. I then started the listnames
> example, and get the same assert().
>
>So something isn't right, but I don't know whether it is my setup, a bad
> qt build, a compiler problem, or a dbus bug. Is anyone able to use the
> qt bindings on FC5?

Now, something is very wrong. Was that a debug build? Can you place a
breakpoint in customEvent() and print the type of the event?

I wonder if my recent builds are done without debugging and the asserts
are turned off... Let me rebuild from scratch as well.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway