Patch dbus-binding-tool

Jeroen T. Vermeulen jtv at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 23 20:50:45 PDT 2006

On Wed, August 23, 2006 21:52, keith preston wrote:
> Here is a small patch to the dbus-binding-tool.   It only changes one line
> to have the proper cast from a void*   You wouldn't ever notice it, unless
> you tried to compile it as c++ which is a little bit stricter about casts.

Two very small things:

1. The patch is reversed, right?  I mean, it's meant to add the cast
rather than removing it?

2. This style of casting is obsolete in C++.  Modern compilers, at very
strict settings, will issue warnings for it.  At extremely strict
settings, such as the ones I normally use, it will even be an error.  So
if this code is not meant ever to be compiled as C, you may want to use
reinterpret_cast instead.  Of course that in turn won't wash with truly
antiquated compilers...

Jeroen