dbus glib structure

keith preston keithpre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 10:22:40 PDT 2006

> I'd recommended looking at gabble_media_channel_list_streams in
>
> http://projects.collabora.co.uk/trac/telepathy/browser/src/gabble-media-channel.c
> for an example of how to do this.

Ok so from what I understand now.   The process is to:

Make a new GValue.
Initialize it to a special boxed type that we get through
dbus_g_type_get_struct(...)
Insert values into the special boxed type gvalue  using
dbus_g_type_struct_set

At this point we have the special structure which DBUS sees as a struct.
If I want an array of them I just add them to a GPtrArray

This seems like a lot of work, maybe I could just go with my quick fix and
break it into array of the pieces.  Is there any better or quicker way to
facilitate transporting a C struct across DBUS (preferable with GLIB
bindings)?

Keith