dbus glib string array errors

keith preston keithpre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 12:02:57 PDT 2006

I am trying to send some arrays across DBUS with glib bindings and get an
error and segfault when I send empty string array.  I believe it should
gracefully handle this case.  It does seem to handle empty GArrays, but not
string arrays.

I send the following:
'as'  array of string glib bindings show this as a char** so I am assuming I
need to null terminate this array
char** arraystrings = malloc(sizeof(char*) * (sizeofarray +1) )
arraystrings[sizeofarray] = NULL;

If I do this with empty arrays (sizeofarray = 0).  My server process
answering the dbus request segfaults with the following error

27088: arguments to dbus_message_iter_get_fixed_array() were incorrect,
assertion "dbus_type_is_fixed (_dbus_type_reader_get_current_type (&real->
u.reader))" failed in file dbus-message.c line 1741.

If I change the code to give it one element it works great.  But it always
fails with zero.

Keith