Reorganising the website

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Thu Aug 24 15:54:39 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:18:07PM +0100, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> First off, the Java bindings are now in git (dbus-java). This has lead
> me to consider putting releases and documentation on the website.
> Currently all the releases are in one releases directory, including the
> now split python and glib bindings, and the documentation is still the
> old pre-split documentation with both the glib and core API in one.
>
> I was thinking that with several bindings and core a single releases
> directory would get a bit full so the bindings (at least) should be
> moved to a subdirectory. Similarly with the documentation, giving each
> binding a directory would be good.
>
> So, I suggest:
>
> doc/
>    dbus/
>    dbus-glib/
>    dbus-python/
>    dbus-java/
>
> releases/
>    dbus/
>    dbus-glib/
>    dbus-python/
>    dbus-java/
>
> This will, unfortunately, break things pointing at the current URLs.
> This is _probably_ just the wiki, which can be changed, but if anyone
> else knows other places, let me know.

Can we at least symlink the original locations of the tar.gz files
to the new locations - breaking the download URL isn't too polite.
The same with the docs - there's misc blog postings out there pointing
to docs - I don't think leaving around a little historic cruft via
symlinks will cause us too much of a headache.

Regards,
Dan.