Introduction to D-BUS

Jeroen T. Vermeulen jtv at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 25 23:31:52 PDT 2006

Hello all,

As promised I've been doing work on the Tutorial.  Or actually, I've
started writing something new that can grow into a replacement for the
Tutorial eventually.  For now, I'm calling it Introduction to D-BUS.  It's
pretty big already, but hopefully newbie-friendly.

The Introduction does not pick any particular bindings as examples--it's
all abstract and language-agnostic, but I hope it goes into useful detail
nonetheless.  It explains the messaging and object models, addressing, and
so on.  The main thing for now is to give the reader enough of a
conceptual framework to start learning the specifics of a language binding
without having to pick up the basics of dbus itself somewhere along the
way.

The latest draft can be found at:

    http://thaiopensource.org/development/suriyan/wiki/DbusNotes

Remember, I'm new to dbus myself and I may have gotten things wrong.  So
please help improve this document by reading it, and telling me about
anything that's not right or could be better!

Jeroen