Connection error with address

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 10:23:23 PDT 2006

Hello,

I created a hello world app on pascal to test dbus bindings. It just
calls dbus_bus_get to connect, checks if it sucessfull and then closes
it and quits:

var
  err: DBusError;
  conn: PDBusConnection;
  ret: cint;
begin
  { Initializes the errors }
  dbus_error_init(@err);

  { Connection }
  conn := dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SESSION, @err);

  if dbus_error_is_set(@err) <> 0 then
  begin
    WriteLn('Connection Error: ' + err.message);
    dbus_error_free(@err);
  end;

  if conn = nil then Exit; // At this point conn will be nil, and the
software exists.

  ....... (code continues here)

>From command line, I can see this error message:

Connection Error: Unable to determine the address of the message bus

Next I tryed to execute the dbus-launcher software, and this error appeared:

[felipe at Lapa example]$ dbus-launch
Failed to execute message bus daemon: No such file or directory
EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon

I am using Mandriva Linux. Any ideas what could be wrong?

I did a google search, but could not find a solution.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho