FAQ notes

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 29 08:19:43 PDT 2006

Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:
>On Mon, August 21, 2006 09:19, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>> Yep. For example a legitimate implementation is that every method call
>> runs asynchronously in a separate thread.
>
>And another message-ordering question...  Why you're waiting for a reply
>from a synchronous method invocation, I presume there's no problem with
>other messages (signals, say, or replies from earlier asynchronous
> method invocations) arriving in the meantime?

No problem doing that. The messages will be queued by the library and
delivered at the next opportunity.

Some binding implementations may let you do the waiting and process
messages in the meantime. You may need to do that if it's at all possible
that your call from A to B will loop back to A (directly or indirectly).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358