Patch: fix dbus-daemon proliferation

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Tue Aug 29 10:47:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've just fixed a bug in dbus-launch we have seen for a long time in
Mandriva Linux, causing session dbus-daemon to proliferate for users,
when they were logging out or switching between runlevel (3 and 5).

This bug is caused by SIGTERM being send to various processes from the
session when X session is terminated (I don't recall if it is a Mandriva
specific feature) : in this case, dbus-launch is being killed, without
being able to kill dbus-daemon itself, causing daemon to keep running :
for people who keep their system running for a long time, with
login/logout, you can end with 30 dbus-daemon running.

The patch ensure SIGTERM is handled like SIGHUP.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva