Connection error with address

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Tue Aug 29 11:08:50 PDT 2006

Le mardi 29 août 2006 à 14:49 -0300, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho a
écrit :
> > which dbus-launch
>
> /usr/bin/dbus-launch
>
> > which dbus-daemon
>
> /usr/bin/dbus-daemon
>
> > rpm -qa | grep dbus
>
> Oh, from this command I see that I may have various versions of dbus installed.
>
> [felipe at Lapa ~]$ rpm -qa | grep dbus
> libdbus-qt-1_0-0.23.4-5mdk
> libdbus-1_1-0.50-1.2006.SoS
> libdbus-glib-1_1-0.50-1.2006.SoS
> libdbus-glib-1_2-0.62-2.1.20060.SoS
> dbus-x11-0.23.4-5mdk
> dbus-0.62-2.1.20060.SoS
> libdbus-1_2-0.62-2.1.20060.SoS
> libdbus-1_0-0.23.4-5mdk
> libdbus-glib-1_0-0.23.4-5mdk
> libdbus-1_2-devel-0.62-2.1.20060.SoS

You are just shooting yourself in the foot, by trying to install various
versions of dbus (including some from unsupported sources, like SoS) at
the same time.

Either upgrade dbus-x11 to the same version or downgrade dbus to the
version which was shipped with Mandriva 2006.0, ie version 0.23.4 (and
BTW, you are missing bug update on this version).

Or upgrade your system to cooker.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva