dbus_binding_tool in dbus-glib-1.pc.in

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Tue Aug 29 14:24:53 PDT 2006

Hi Rob,

> >> it would be nice to use pkg-config to provide a variable for the
> >> dbus-binding-tool like GLib is doing for glib-genmarshal. The attached
> >> patch adds such support to dbus-glib.
> >
> > is this patch to simple or what is the problem? No comments at all?
> >

> Hmm, I'm not entirely sure of the value of it. What's your reasoning?
>
> I could maybe understand if the pkg-config variable was an absolute
> path, but just making people do extra autofoo to discover that
> dbus-binding-tool is dbus-binding-tool seems a little.. well.. cruel. ;)

the value of it is that it can be an absolute path at any time and the
extra autofoo as you describe it are two additional lines in the
configure.in script. Why not an absolute path or something generated
through autoconf. Ask the GLib guys why the didn't do it. I just
followed their example.

Regards

Marcel