Name or Names in service files? (Disconnect between the spec and our implementation)

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 09:35:22 PST 2006

While it is not actually spelled out by the spec there is an example in
the spec which would not actually work with our current implementation:

Figure 7. Example service description file

            # Sample service description file
            [D-BUS Service]
            Names=org.freedesktop.ConfigurationDatabase;org.gnome.GConf;
            Exec=/usr/libexec/gconfd-2

In our code we look for Name not Names and we do not parse that entry
but simply assign it to the structure (i.e. entry->name = name).  So
which is correct?  The implementation or the spec example?  Since it is
just an example I would say it is a typo in the spec.  Alp wants to know
because he is now implementing this part but is happy to go either way.