dbus-python 0.80rc1 release candidate

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 17:53:18 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 20:33 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 18:51 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> > > A little more info.  In pdb I am segfaulting in the second call to
> > > dbus.SessionBus().  This is really weird.  If I don't step through and
> > > just hit continue I get AttributeError: 'PresenceService' object has not
> > > attribute 'get_object'
> >
> > That AttributeError is wrong and most likely due to the stack being
> > trashed somewhere in the bindings.  We are calling get_object on the bus
> > right after the 2nd bus = dbus.SessionBus() call.  That is the call that
> > crashes in pdb if I step through.
>
> Ok, cleaning out the dbus module (rm -rf ;) and then installing gives me
> a better backtrace.  I think the crash was from competing installs.
>
> Now I get:
>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/__init__.py", line 177 in ?
>   from _dbus_bindings import get_default_main_loop,
> set_default_main_loop,\
> ImportError: cannot import name get_default_mail_loop

And back again.  Ok so now it seems to be a legitimate issue again.  I
did another install and it is flaking out like it did before with the
bogus AttributeError.  One thing is for sure here, the setup.py stuff
isn't very robust right now and needs to be looked into.

Another thing I noticed is all your code is in header files.  Is there a
reason for this?  It seems pretty wrong.