dbus-python 0.80rc2 release candidate

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 04:24:58 PST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 at 10:24:47 +0100, Luigi Paioro wrote:
> Sorry, but I get always the same error:

> Segmentation fault
>
> I use dbus-1.0.2 and dbus-glib-0.72.

The commands you quoted work fine for me (Debian unstable, Python 2.4.4,
dbus 1.0.1, dbus-glib 0.71). Could you please get a backtrace from the
crash?

To do so: install gdb, and ideally debug symbol packages for Python,
dbus and dbus-glib if your distribution has them; run "gdb python"; type
"run" at the gdb prompt; type in the same Python code you used before;
when it crashes, type "where" and send me the output.

I'll try upgrading my dbus and dbus-glib in case it's one of them that's
causing your crash.

	Simon