dbus-python issues (was: D-Bus is killing me)

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 14:03:23 PST 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 9:38 pm, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 at 17:26:02 +0000, Mystilleef wrote:
> > 1). Doesn't like Python 2.5 and I don't know why.
>
> The current version of dbus-python is, as you say, idiosyncratic. I've
> rewritten most of it and will hopefully release version 0.80 soon -
> 0.80 release candidate 2 was previously announced on this list, and
> seems to work.

I don't recall seeing this reported before but with rc2 and Python 2.5 I
couldn't import _dbus_bindings...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: attribute '__doc__' of 'type' objects is not writable

The problem is the call to PyObject_SetAttrString() on line 50 in
exceptions.c.

Phil