odd issue when running dbus-launch [cause found, but no fix found yet]

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Dec 17 16:35:39 PST 2006

Vulpes Velox wrote:
>> I still don't think this is caused by D-Bus. Can you run the
>> attached program?
>
>1001
>1001
>0
>3051
>5000
>3050
>5001
>3003
>6000
>6001
>6003
>
>Was what I was getting originally. I then started adding the user to
>more and more groups... eventually I ran into a problem at 16.
>
>getgrouplist: No such file or directory
>
>I got that after 16.
>

>Quick question. Would it not be best to have this on list for any one
>else who is watching and curious?

Yes. I don't know why you replied off it. I sent the program to the list.

Can you put a breakpoint in the fill_user_info function around the calls
to getgrouplist and tell us what it is doing wrong? I can't spot the
problem...

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358