Cross Compile Dbus

Kelvin Xu kyoxu at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 21 22:39:09 PST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to cross compile Dbus -1.0.2 over to a ARM processor.
I have successfully installed the libxml2 library. However, D bus complain
of the following error when i try to compile using make. I configure the
make file using this command without any errors:
    CC=armv5l-linux-gcc ./configure -host=i386-linux -target=arm-linux
-prefix=/home/ARM/rfs

The error is as follows:
   arm-linux/bin/ld:cannot find -lxml2

Do i need to install the libxml2-devel as well? If i do i not sure where to
copy tar file contents to.

Will greatly appreciate any help provided. Thanks

Regards,
Kelvin