[patch] configure tweaks and qt compile fixes

Rob Taylor robtaylor at floopily.org
Mon Feb 6 12:04:41 PST 2006

Brad Hards wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 February 2006 03:49 am, Rob Taylor wrote:
>
>>I note that this uses an autostars m4 macro. I think we should probably
>>provide this macro in acinclude.m4, iirc the AS macros are not packaged
>>on most distros.  I should sy though, that ideally I'd prefer if we
>>moved over to using an m4 directory instead of acinclude.m4 :)
>
> It should be fine with anything that has autoconf later than 2.57. It is a
> standard autoconf macro for 2.59. I can do a fallback to the (now deprecated)
> AC_HELP_STRING if we have a requirement to support older than 2.57a.

Ah, in that case, its my bad, I assumed from the AS_ prefix it was from
the autostars m4 macro collection.. I'm now enlightened ;) (Though I'm
still in the dark as what the AS_ prefix in autoconf macros actually
means...)

I'm more than happy for us to mandate modern autotool dependencies - its
always been beyond me why projects try to support old (broken) autotool
versions.

Thanks,
Rob Taylor