When was dbus.service introduced in the python bindings?

Brad Smith usernamenumber at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:37:37 PST 2006

On 2/10/06, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com> wrote:
> BusName was added in dbus.version >= (0, 42, 0)

Thanks. Since Object and method are implimented (hopfully in
compatible ways) in dbus.py prior to 0.42, it should be fairly easy to
make the code work with them. The biggest problems that I see are
going to be converting the parts of Jackfield that use
dbus.service.BusName and dbus.glib (which gets imported but never used
and so might not be necessary). Are there 0.40 equivalents for these
that I can drop in fairly easily or is it going to be more complicated
than that (or even possible)? The only instance of BusName seems
pretty simple:

name = dbus.service.BusName("org.kryogenix.jackfield",  bus=session_bus)

But I'm not yet familiar enough with dbus to have more than a guess as
to what it's doing.

Thanks again,
--Brad