The deadlocks [was: Announcing new version of the Qt4 bindings]

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 11:13:38 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 19:47 +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> However, this also means that the Qt bindings are uncooperative to anyone
> else using the same DBusConnection. If our filter is run while another
> function called dbus_connection_dispatch, we could end up queueing calls
> that may never be executed.

Can you explain this scenario a bit more? I don't fully understand what
happens in this case, I'd like to think about how we could address it.

Would the IN_PROGRESS dispatch status help? (so you would not queue up
things yourself, the dbus connection would just keep things in the queue
until dispatch was called non-recursively...)