patch to TODO

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Wed Feb 15 15:44:02 PST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 22:19 +0000, Matthew Johnson wrote:
>> + - Standardise error messages for bindings and programs
>> +
>
> This one isn't clear to me what you mean?

Sorry, I'm probably summarising too much from IRC as well as the mailing
list.

Basically, what error types should bindings send if an unknown
method/object is called, this is not written down anywhere (I believe
there is a standard for this, and it *might* be
org.freedesktop.DBus.Errors.UnknownMethod, bicbw). There are probably
other standard ones we should define, but again, none of them have been
written down anywhere, I've just guessed for the Java bindings, and this
isn't great.

As was pointed out in the QT bindings post, some of these probably need
reclassifying (UnknownMethod vs NoSuchObject) as well as new ones being
defined.

>> + - Split out bindings and import other bindings to freedesktop CVS
>
> Have people agreed on this approach? I don't have a sense of the
> consensus or lack thereof.

I felt it had been, certainly J5 and the robs have been talking about it
lots. Again this has probably been more on IRC than the mailing list.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson
http://www.matthew.ath.cx/