splitting off bindings [was: Re: patch to TODO]

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Wed Feb 15 20:39:28 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 10:40:55PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 03:50 +0200, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > [snip stuff that sounds good]
>
> All sounds great to me, if no objections then please feel free to go for
> it. The only thing I'd be sad about is if we lost some of the test
> coverage due to untangling the glib bindings. I think I'd rather leave
> those in the tree if it's too hard to disentangle them without breaking
> various test stuff and tools.

I've not looked closely at the glib bindings / their tests, but I'd
be surprised if we were not able to match the level of testing they
currently get. In addition, we've discussed defining a standard test
service/client pair which will let us to put together a comprehensive
inter-operability test matrix of all bindings. Our thought is that
we'd have a testrig to run the inter-operability test suite on a
regular (nightly) basis to ensure quality is maintained across all
bindings - even across different releases of bindings.

Regards,
Dan.