Introspect documentation for methods, signals, properties

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Feb 18 10:40:54 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 18:07 +0100, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> True, altough when this discussion popped up before we had thought about
> making it a parameter to the Introspect method where you could tell it
> to provide documentation or not. Having one document with the
> documentation next to their relevant items is a bit easier to handle
> than having two documents which you have to match up somehow.

If I were implementing introspect()/introdoct() I'm sure I'd make them
both call a common function with a parameter "bool includeDocs", so
maybe we should just make introspect() be that common function to begin
with...

(assuming it doesn't cause too much breakage chaos, I'm guessing it
won't)

If this is the plan it needs to be in TODO for 1.0, vs. if we'll add a
method later it could be post-1.0

If we go the parameter route, maybe flags would be better than just a
bool, so it's extensible in future.