Errors and the introspection format

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Sun Feb 19 11:30:22 PST 2006

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 13:44 +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Further along that line, would it make sense to have an annotation meaning
>> "this doesn't throw anything, nor ever will?"

> Which is why it would be much simpler to just only have unchecked
> exceptions in the first place, and not worry about it.

OK, that makes sense and I will stick to unchecked exceptions (or
"Optionally checked" exceptions). Can we please have an annotation
listing non-standard exceptions which can be thrown though (this is
mainly what I have been arguing for, the other stuff is bindings-side
and hence my problem, rather than protocol/format issues)

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson
http://www.matthew.ath.cx/