[Patch] Dbus qt bindings fail to build

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Sat Feb 25 04:39:40 PST 2006

Sjoerd Simons wrote:
>Hi,
>
>  Qt in dbus 0.61 fails to build for me. The moc files weren't generated
>  automatically and the prototypes for DBusSignature* weren't available.
>
>  Attached patch fixes this for me

Thank you, the patches to Makefile.am and to qdbustype.cpp make sense. But
I cannot apply the one to qdbustype.h. That's a public header and it must
not include dbus-signature.h.

There, I have to ask the list:
why is dbus-signature.h not installed?

I failed to notice this problem because my local D-Bus tree is patched to
install it, since I'm building the Qt binding out-of-tree and using
qdbustype.h in testcases.

And since DBusSignatureIter is a typedef, not a struct, I cannot use
forward declaration. I'd rather have a position on whether
dbus-signature.h can be exported before I try to implement a solution.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway