[Patch] Fill out content in 'INSTALL' file

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Tue Jan 3 06:44:51 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 10:52:24AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 15:33 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > The 'INSTALL' is (& according to CVS always has been) zero length. The
> > attached patch provides some content for this file. It details the quick
> > procedure for building & installing, the 3rd party software/library
> > pre-requisites, and then finishes up with the generic GNU AutoTools
> > install file instructions.
> >

> Looks great, thanks - please commit. Two suggestions:
>  - I don't think the libxml2 codepath works right now

I did a quick build & operational test with '--with-xml=libxml' - compile
completed successfully, the daemon starts & I could attach as a client
with no probs. Was there some edgecase that had problems with libxml2 ?
If so I could have a look at feasibility of fixing it before 1.0

>  - you might explain the yes/no/auto behavior for the
>    various feature checks (i.e. you can force on/off
>    if you're doing a spec file or other situation where
>    you want a repeatable build)

I'll update the patch to include a few notes on this matter.

Dan.