One user morne than one time logged in.

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jan 26 03:06:42 PST 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 08:48, Daniel Macks wrote:

> Actually, that is precisely what I am seeing happen with dbus. It's
> trvially easy to start a user-level daemon and fairly easy to lose
> track of its PID or screw up the killing of that pid in the logout
> process. Is there a way to have a (cron-able) script that hunts for
> orphaned daemons?

Something like dcop --all-sessions might be helpful. No sure how the DCOP
commandline client implements this (probably reading all DCOP session files
and connecting to each server)

> In a non-x11 terminal, --exit-with-session causes
> the daemon to exit as soon as it's created:(

Hmm, I started it that way several times before adding it to the session
scripts.

eval `dbus-launch --sh-synatx --exit-with-session`
lasted as long as the parent shell ran

Cheers,
Kevin

--