Todo items that need to be looked at for 0.90

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Jul 12 12:54:08 PDT 2006

Here is the short list of todos that need to be looked into before we
can do a 0.90 release, with comments:

Group DBusAuth
        some SASL profiles require sending the empty string as a
        challenge/response, but we don't currently allow that in our
        protocol.

Does our protocol still not allow this.  What would it take to make this
work and is it a blocker for 0.90?

====================================

Global dbus_set_error
        should be called dbus_error_set()

Global dbus_set_error_const
        should be called dbus_error_set_const()

Ouch.  These are going to cause massive pain (should have caught this
sooner).  Should we deprecate or leave as is?

Global dbus_message_append_args
        support DBUS_TYPE_STRUCT and DBUS_TYPE_VARIANT and complex
        arrays

Global dbus_message_get_args
        support DBUS_TYPE_STRUCT and DBUS_TYPE_VARIANT and complex
        arrays

This can be added later but in reality it is a convenience function and
we can live without bloating the core.