Signals in Python without glib

Justin Mazzola Paluska jmp at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 23 20:16:53 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to build Avahi (http://www.avahi.org) support into a
framework I'm building.  We use Python, so we're using Avahi's DBUS
bindings to access the Avahi daemon.  After following the DBUS
tutorial, I've been able to connect to the Avahi daemon and make
blocking calls.  If I use dbus's glib bindings, I can also receive
signals emitted by Avahi.

Unfortunately, I can't use the glib mainloop in my framework, yet I
need to be able to process signals from DBUS.

I read from <http://www.j5live.com/?p=93> that it's possible to start
one's own main loop by passing in a main loop setup function that
receives a Connection object.  However, I'm at a loss as to what to do
after I receive the Connection object.

Are there better pointers for documentation on making your own
mainloop?  Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks,
	--Justin