crash using dbus 0.62 glib binding

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 27 08:30:00 PDT 2006

Xavier Claessens wrote:
> 14375: arguments to dbus_connection_ref() were incorrect, assertion
> "connection->generation == _dbus_current_generation" failed in file
> dbus-connection.c line 1749.
> This is normally a bug in some application using the D-BUS library.
> Erreur de segmentation

This should only happen if you dbus_shutdown() then use a connection
from prior to the shutdown.

The only other cause I can think of would be that the connection is
already freed.

What you're doing should work with latest dbus. It might not work very
well with older ones, not sure about 0.62.

If it doesn't work we would like to fix it.